Amanda Scallan is our GPO (Games Promotion Officer) since September 2016.
A native of Wexford, Amanda works closely with local schools and the club nursery as well as all mentors and players in the club. Amanda is always available to talk with parents whose children might be interested in becoming involved in Gaelic Games
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
To represent the GAA and the Club in the local community. To promote the playing of our games in schools and to guide the club in the implementation of best sporting policies as outlined with the help of the Dublin County Board.
- - Set up and manage all camps Easter / Cul / Club and Advanced
- - Tutor foundation and Level 1 courses and run up-skilling workshops
- Training in local schools four days per week
CLUB BASED PROGRAMME
Oversee and promote the Nursery CNP Penguins (ages 4 to 7)
- Lead the Juvenile Mentors in implementing best coaching practice and following the Player Pathway
- Tutor transition year students in foundation level coaching and mentor when helping in prima- ry schools
- Host and organise blitzes for intra schools competitions primary and secondary
- Coordinate GAA activities with Secondary schools